Thanks for utilizing this resource! Use it as a way to get your discussion started. You may find you go far and wide, but keep it centered on the Bible and living out the Gospel in all of life!
THE GOOD SHEPHERD-JOHN 10-MARCH 31, 2019
- How many products can you name that come from sheep?
- There is a difference between the bad shepherds and the good shepherd. Look at Ezekiel 34. How is the Good Shepherd different?
- What is the difference between the thief and the hireling?
- Do I love the Shepherd, or do I simply just want to follow instruction to get into the fold? How does the Shepherd know his sheep? How can a sheep be known by name to the Shepherd?
- How do you listen for the Shepherd’s voice? How often during your day do you listen for his voice to call you? How can you hear him more clearly? What steps can you take to listen more effectively?
- How do you know the difference between the Shepherd’s voice and the voice of the thief? Religious pride gets in the way of hearing His voice-meaning it looks like something of God, but it is not the message of the Gospel.
- In ancient cultures, leaders would be referred to as ‘shepherds’ of the people. How can you make a distinction in who you are ‘following?’ Where in life does this have an effect?
- How can I help the sheep around me to know the Shepherd’s voice? If some will take their cues from how I am following the Shepherd, does my behavior help them or hinder them to follow him?