Thanks for utilizing this resource! Use it as a way to get your discussion started. You may find you go far and wide, but keep it centered on the Bible and living out the Gospel in all of life!
RAISED UP-JOHN 11-APRIL 7, 2019
- What would people say is the greatest medical advancement in history? Antibiotics? Vaccines? Mapping DNA-the genome project? Deodorant?
- Jesus knew there was great risk in going to Judea for Lazarus. Thomas recognized a risk, too. Yet was willing to go and die with Jesus. What level of risk is acceptable for you to serve God and His purposes? Is it a risk of reputation? A risk of finances? A risk of life or limb? Where do you think most people draw? Describe a time when have you intentionally risked in faith. How will you risk differently now?
- John 11:33 says Jesus was ‘greatly troubled’ and v 35 is the shortest verse in all of Scripture. “Jesus wept.” Jesus knew what he was going to do. So, why did he weep?
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave.. Since Jesus has demonstrated power over death, what fears should his followers have? Why do his followers have fears? What can you do to overcome your fears?
- How can I fill my mind with God’s truth rather than my own thoughts and fears? Share what you will do about this with another person who will follow up with you.